Soraya
Shockley writes about both the advantages and disadvantages of technology used
in classrooms. She discusses, in depth, the effects of tablets, teacher
websites, Google classroom, Khan Academy, Twitter, white boards, Evernote, and
Google drive. Shockley writes of positives of each of these technology sources.
However, she does focus on the negative attributes of each. The main issues she
shares about EdTech are cheating, privacy concerns, inequality in access, and
price. Shockley understands technology is the future and EdTech will continue
to develop, but from her student perspective she shares that her most memorable
education moments have come from the hands-on experiences.
I think
that Soraya Shockley did an excellent job on her blog piece about EdTech. I
would have to completely agree with her on most topics. Even though I have
never worked with sources like Khan Academy or Evernote, I can still relate to
the use of technology in classrooms. Personally, I think technology is
something we are very fortunate for. However, I think technology is taking away
from personal interactions. Like Shockley, I learn better by physically doing. Often when technology is incorporated into classrooms it acts as a
major distraction. It also is not always presented in the clearest manner, so I
seem to feel like I always have to reteach myself. Much like Shockley, I am
very thankful for the use of the technology I have at my fingertips. I do wish
that teachers and administrators would be more aware of the student’s opinions
on technology and better incorporate their needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment